HELP TO KEEP YOUR HYBRID WORKING EMPLOYEES HAPPY
When you are working from home and the Winter Blues hit you, what do you do to keep yourself motivated and cheerful. Here are a few ideas:-
- When deciding where to work from in your home make sure you have plenty of natural light surrounding you. Open your windows to let in the fresh air, this help to ward off the ‘overwhelmed’ feeling.
- Working alone can make you feel very lonely, make sure you schedule in zoom calls or check in with friends/colleagues. Network with other professionals by attending online seminars/events. If you really do struggle then maybe opt for a co-working space instead of working from home.
- Make sure you make time for moving. Jogging/tai chai/yoga the are perfect options to keep you in good shape physically and mentally.
- What is your diet like? Foods that are rich in vitamin D like fish and eggs along with Vitamin B found in fruit and chicken are also a great way of keeping a health body and mind.
- Take Vitamin D Supplements. With the limited sunshine throughout the Winter a drop in Vitamin D results in depression and symptoms such as sadness and that lack of energy we all get from time to time.
- Light therapy is also a great way of boosting your serotonin levels. Invest in a light box and use for the very least 30 minutes a day to beat of the winter blues.
- Set yourself clear goals to keep you motivated and focused. Break your tasks down into manageable tasks. This way you won’t feel overwhelmed with a large task.
- If you Winter Blues don’t go by following the above then it might be time to seek professional help.